Tuesday 27 December 2011

Yulek Rice Vermicelli

I'm supposed to lunch with my friends at Yulek famous "Lam Mien" but coincidently we passed by this newly opened restaurant and found that it was full of crowds. With no doubts, we just step in.

































We have ordered it's famous prime dish Dumpling and Wantan Soup Rice Vermicelli and other dishes like Glutinuous Rice, Lobak Gou, Shuet Yee Tong Sui, Foo Chook Yi Mei Tong Sui and Ginger Tong Yuen.

































Rice Vermicelli is a famous meal for Hokkian who celebrate occassions like Birthday, Wedding, Newly Born Baby and Lunar New Year which also known as 'mee suah'. This dish is not so common compare to other noodles and rarely finds a tasteful one.


































Overall the services here is good but its bit too hot especially lunch time. Hey guys, remember this restaurant is off on Monday and Tuesday, so please make sure you come on the right time.























Wantan & Dumpling Soup Rice Vermicelli
I like the touch of this soup flavor with combination of dumpling (ingredients of shrimp and pork minced) but yet it's little salty. The Dumpling has a flavorful pungent taste.























Glutinous Rice
Due to my allergy to this rice, didn't try this out! But my friend, Kenny commented the rice is too dry, and lack of taste. Overall is poor.






















Shuet Yee Tong Sui
With ingredients of dried longan and shuet yee, the sugar taste is just nice, not too sweet while the shuet yee is soft and mouthful.























Foo Chook Yi Mei Tong Sui
With ingredients of gingko nuts (bak guo), foo chook and yi mei, this combination makes it taste perfect especially boiled the foo chook till its fully melt. Personally I don't like gingko nut because I'm a sales, 'pantang' after take it got no sales coming in. Heehee...























Ginger Tong Yuen
The soup flavor too strong, I think less ginger is much better. The tong yuen contents are gomma and peanuts but I can't really differentiate either is home-made or instant from supermarket. Anyway, I still prefer traditional little tong yuen with contents of 'gula malacca' that I used to eat at my grandma's home.



Palace Rice Vermicelli Restaurant
12, Jalan Cengkeh
Taman Cheras
56100 Kuala Lumpur

No comments:

Post a Comment