Sunday 8 April 2012

East Oriental Hakka Cuisine @ Jalan Pudu Ulu

08 April - Pudu Ulu used to be a well-knowned territory to me as I almost have my family dinner every weekend at Yip Chong Hakka Restaurant. Until recently only I persuaded my papa to try out other restaurant at the same street.



Today, we pay a visit to East Oriental Hakka Cuisine. ordered 3 meal 1 soup (Sam Sung Yat Tong, Bak Fan Yam Zhong).



Their signature dish 'Yam Pork Rib Pot'. The chef must be infusing a lot of yam fragrance into it, this is one of the famous Hakka dish which I think is hardly find in those Chinese Restaurant. The appearance looked terrible but it's nice especially mixed with white rice.

'Chilli Clam', a bit spicy but it sent my taste buds into euphoria. 'Jet'aime beaucourp' (I like so much in French) more than my ordinary kam heong clam and clam in soup. 



'Mah Poh Tau Foo' commented by my papa, which is amazingly wonderful. To me, I have no idea because I'm not a 'tau foo' lover. My papa and koko used to order / cook 'taufoo' as their primary dish wherever they are. 

'Yellow Wine Chicken' soup, the wine infused was bit over, too strong taste. Personally I felt reduce the quantity by 20% will make this dish perfectly done. Overall is good. 

Total payable amount was just RM67.00 for 3 dish + 1 soup, quite reasonable. As for your information, this restaurant has been operating since 2006. In year 2011, it has been shifted from Taman Maju Jaya to Pudu Ulu. 

I think here's a strategic location for restaurant and the built up is amazingly huge, 20x100. Nowadays hardly find a long length shop unless those old one. Just located right next to Internet cafe and neighbourhood there are about five restaurants at the same street. 

Overall food rated at 8.5/10


EAST ORIENTAL HAKKA CUISINE RESTAURANT
No.26, Jalan Pudu Ulu
Jalan Cheras, 56000 KL
03-92849121






No comments:

Post a Comment